Garnishment Specialist - Bradenton
- - Finance
- Bradenton, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Short & Long term Disability, Voluntary Life, EAP, PTO, 401k & various other ancillary options
CoAdvantage is a leading human resource solutions provider for small to mid-sized companies. We are HR experts who partner with small businesses nationwide to administer payroll, benefits, workers' compensation and core HR management. Headquartered in Bradenton, Florida, CoAdvantage has offices throughout Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, California, North Carolina, New Jersey and New York, and serves more than 100,000 worksite employees in all 50 states. We're looking for the best professionals in our markets who are interested in building a successful and rewarding career and be part of a focused, energetic team dedicated to delivering excellence to America's small business owners.
The Garnishment Specialist will be responsible for the set up and termination of all child support and debt garnishments, as well as, adjustments to accounts and contacting the appropriate external parties and state agencies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Principal point of contact for all garnishment processes including, but not limited to, the set-up, maintenance and termination orders, payment processing, state notice response process and underlying g/l account reconciliation.
- Main contact for all daily garnishment mail including opening, responding to and forwarding to the appropriate person, as well as, handling all phone calls and emails
- Directly supports and works with the payroll teams to handle any garnishment issues that need to be corrected with payroll, including voids and reissues.
- Responds to all verification of employment letters
- Works with client personnel on garnishment related matters
- Responds to all garnishment inquiries in a timely manner; makes calls to states to clarify state rules and regulations and notifies states, attorneys, courts and collection agencies of terminated employees.
- Responsible for processing, balancing and mailing checks for debt garnishments.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Basic clerical, secretarial, keyboard skills.
- Knowlege of Mircosoft Word, Excel
- Mathematical skills
- Basic knowledge of Federal and State Laws for garnishments and child support, desired
- Previous experience with a PEO, preferred
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma required.