Regulatory & Compliance Payroll Manager
- - Legal
- Bradenton, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Short & Long term Disability, Voluntary Life, EAP, PTO, 401k & various other ancillary options
CoAdvantage is a leading human resource solutions provider for small to mid-sized companies. We are HR experts who partner with small businesses nationwide to administer payroll, benefits, workers' compensation and core HR management. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage has offices throughout Florida, Georgia, Texas, Colorado, California, New Jersey and New York, and serves more than 100,000 worksite employees in all 50 states. We're looking for the best professionals in our markets who are interested in building a successful and rewarding career and be part of a focused, energetic team dedicated to delivering excellence to America's small business owners.
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, the Regulatory and Compliance Payroll Manager is directly responsible for ensuring legal, disclosure, privacy and all requirements are communicated to business leaders and functioning in the system. This position will monitor proposed, pending, and enacted payroll, employment, and privacy regulations. The Regulatory and Compliance Payroll Manager will work with all departments of the Company and serve as a subject matter expert for the current and future payroll compliance and regulatory environment. This role will also assist the Chief Legal Officer with any additional ad hoc projects as they arise.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proactively monitor the current and future regulatory and payroll environment for relevant business and industry information
- Compile regulation and compliance changes and requirements and present to appropriate business leaders
- Ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal Payroll regulations
- Interpret and provide guidance on business rules for federal, state and local tax laws
- Monitor the employment wage and hour regulations (minimum wages, overtime pay, tips, etc.) to ensure compliance
- Review paystubs and other deliverables to ensure compliance with all regulations
- Lead privacy initiatives for the business and work cross functionally to ensure a streamlined and complaint process, ex: CCPA
- Assist Finance Operations with interpretation of Garnishment Orders, Levy's, Etc.
- Advise of ways to reduce risk and establish continued employment tax reporting compliance
- Remain informed and knowledgeable of current employer tax reporting developments and work collaboratively with the Employment Tax Department to ensure compliance
- Assist the Benefits department with current and changing regulations and laws
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Department Leaders and internal business partners
- Partner with Department Leaders for continuous process improvement identified through root-cause analyses
- Review regulatory advice given to clients
- Drive successful year-end planning and system requirements related to annual regulatory/compliance changes at Fed/State level
- Other ad hoc projects as necessary
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to give direction, adapt to change, establish relationships and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong written, verbal, listening and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills -- having the ability to identify an issue, conduct an analysis to determine business impact
- Strategic thinking and planning to continue to enhance the Compliance Program and the role of compliance within the organization
- Ability to present information clearly in meetings and to communicate with team members and senior leadership
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate and work with staff of all skill and experience levels
- Self-directed with proven initiation skills
- Proficient in researching regulatory changes
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under company deadlines.
- Ability to deal with clients and employees in an efficient and professional manner.
- Effective work skills – conscientious, persistent, resourceful, productive, and active.
- Must have the ability to make decisions and judgments.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy.
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Must have Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Must have knowledge and/or background in employment law
- 5+ years' experience in a payroll, employment, regulatory, compliance and/or legal field
- Experience with OneTrust, MasterTax, Prism, Symmetry a plus