Payroll Manager - Bradenton
- Payroll - Payroll
- Bradenton, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Short & Long term Disability, Voluntary Life, EAP, PTO, 401k & various other ancillary options
CoAdvantage is a leading human resource solutions provider for small to mid-sized companies. We are HR experts who partner with small businesses nationwide to administer payroll, benefits, workers' compensation and core HR management. Headquartered in Bradenton, Florida, CoAdvantage has offices throughout Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, California, North Carolina, New Jersey and New York, and serves more than 100,000 worksite employees in all 50 states. We're looking for the best professionals in our markets who are interested in building a successful and rewarding career and be part of a focused, energetic team dedicated to delivering excellence to America's small business owners.
Manages and coordinates day-to-day activities of Payroll Department ensuring compliance with Federal, State and Local tax withholding, state unemployment tax, and garnishment laws. Manage department of Client Services Representatives (CSR) who are engaged in aspects of payroll functions, such as the recording, processing and calculation of payroll hours, compiling payroll statistics, maintaining payroll control records.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assesses and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of team members.
- Assigns duties and examines work for accuracy and conformance to departmental policies and procedures.
- Acts as the back- team lead, payroll tech and CSR's.
- Responsible for the creation of HelpDesk Tickets for CSR and Client Needs.
- Responsible for cross checking all levels of payroll entry.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and verbal instructions to CRS's.
- Maintains attendance and performance records for all CSR's within assigned team.
- Maintains and updates TL and CSR departmental manuals.
- Conducts performance evaluation of CSR team members.
- Responsible for management and facilitation of projects.
- Resolves or escalates grievances.
- Responsible for training new team members.
- Regular attendance is required for the position.
- Interprets Payroll System and Phone Metrics to improve quality and productivity
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years payroll experience
- Must have knowledge and/or background in payroll departmental functions and have at least two years' experience in a hands-on payroll environment
- Proficient with HRP system
- Experience in managing productivity and quality metrics
- Experience in managing call flows
- Experience in process design and process improvement
- The position requires good, basic, clerical and administrative skills with emphasis on verbal and written communication skills (in English), good common sense; positive attitude; willingness to take initiative; and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain simple and moderately complex records in an orderly and accurate manner.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under company deadlines.
- Ability to deal with clients and employees in an efficient and professional manner.
- Ability to operate computer hardware and to work with software applications.
- Communication skills – ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally.
- Interpersonal skills – cooperative, courteous, flexible and good natured.
- Effective work skills – conscientious, persistent, resourceful, productive and active.
- Must have the ability to make decisions and judgments.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have experience using MS Word and Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must be able to work late and be flexible as needed.
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree is preferred
- CPP Certification is preferred for this position.