Benefits Operations Manager - Bradenton
- - Benefits
- Bradenton, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Short & Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, EAP, PTO, 401k & various other ancillary options
CoAdvantage is a leading human resource solutions provider for small to mid-sized companies. We are HR experts who partner with small businesses nationwide to administer payroll, benefits, workers' compensation and core HR management. Headquartered in Bradenton, Florida, CoAdvantage has offices throughout Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, California, North Carolina, New Jersey and New York, and serves more than 100,000 worksite employees in all 50 states. We're looking for the best professionals in our markets who are interested in building a successful and rewarding career and be part of a focused, energetic team dedicated to delivering excellence to America's small business owners.
Manages and coordinates the planning, implementation and administration of the Company's various health plans. Oversight of Benefits Staff with regard to benefit plans and clients issues/resolutions. Responsible for compliance matters and regulations that impact benefit matters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for providing agency/agent/broker/vendor support.
- Responsible for conducting benefits analysis and reporting to management.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Annual Open Enrollment process.
- Claims (various aspects)
- Client Census
- Client relations regarding benefit issues/inquiries
- Quality Control of staff material input
- Department Budget Review
- Organizational Development
- Orientation of new internal (Sales related) employees
- Performance Reviews
- Personnel Management
- Responsible for developing/implementing benefits processes and procedures.
- Project Execution
- Systems Resolutions
- Responsible for the training of new hire department members.
- Responsible for handling escalated client support issues.
- Responsible for overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the benefits unit.
- Directly manages non-supervisory employees and carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Some of these responsibilities may include but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, conducting performance appraisals, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required Skills and Experience:
- The position requires good, basic, clerical and administrative skills with emphasis on verbal and written communication skills (in English), good common sense; positive attitude; willingness to take initiative; and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain simple and moderately complex records in an orderly and accurate manner.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under company deadlines.
- Ability to deal with clients and employees in an efficient and professional manner.
- Ability to operate computer hardware and to work with software applications.
- Communication skills – ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally.
- Interpersonal skills – cooperative, courteous, flexible and good natured.
- Effective work skills – conscientious, persistent, resourceful, productive and active.
- Must have the ability to make decisions and judgments.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have experience using MS Word and Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must be able to work late and be flexible as needed.
- Applicant must have knowledge and/or background in benefit department functions and have at least two years supervisory experience in a hands-on benefit-related environment
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Must have a bachelor's degree, or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.