Benefits Specialist - COBRA
- - Benefits
- Bradenton, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Short & Long term Disability, Voluntary Life, EAP, PTO, 401k & various other ancillary options
CoAdvantage is a leading human resource solutions provider for small to mid-sized companies. We are HR experts who partner with small businesses nationwide to administer payroll, benefits, workers' compensation and core HR management. Headquartered in Bradenton, Florida, CoAdvantage has offices throughout Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, California, North Carolina, New Jersey and New York, and serves more than 100,000 worksite employees in all 50 states. We're looking for the best professionals in our markets who are interested in building a successful and rewarding career and be part of a focused, energetic team dedicated to delivering excellence to America's small business owners.
Works with the health, dental and vision plans for CoAdvantage from the COBRA perspective. Ensures compliance with COBRA regulations as well as other applicable state and federal benefit laws. Follows policies and procedures that support the organizational and business goals of CoAdvantage.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides support for a specific client product/service to internal and external clients.
- Responds to and resolves questions regarding the administration of health dental and vision plans.
- Ensures compliance with COBRA regulations & other applicable state & federal benefit laws.
- Process COBRA enrollments and life status changes.
- Provides customer service to phone inquiries from clients, employees & carrier contacts. Not limited to answering benefit questions, resolving problems related to access or payment of benefits.
- Audits benefit enrollments & processes participants' adjustments as necessary.
- Provides assistance with adjudication of monthly bills as needed.
- Participates in the annual OE process.
- Coordinates transfer of benefit elections to participating carriers on a daily basis as needed.
- Compliance of governmental regulations.
- Utilizes ClientSpace to document and communicate client and/or employee requests, challenges, issues and resolution.
- Maintains good oral and written communication skills with clients, sales and other service associates.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a working knowledge of tools used to support COBRA administration.
- Task execution and follow-up.
- Accurate and detailed audits.
- Ability to support on time starts with quality.
- Ability to multi-task, to organize work based on priority and to meet deadlines.
- 1-3 years of COBRA related customer service experience preferred.
- Previous experience with COBRA benefits administration preferred.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word and Excel). Proficient in typing.
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts