Licensing Specialist - Hybrid Remote
- - Finance
- Bradenton, FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAdvantage is a leading human resource solutions provider for small to mid-sized companies. We are HR experts who partner with small businesses nationwide to administer payroll, benefits, workers' compensation and core HR management. Headquartered in Bradenton, Florida, CoAdvantage has offices throughout Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, California, North Carolina, New Jersey and New York, and serves more than 100,000 worksite employees in all 50 states. We are looking for the best professionals in our markets who are interested in building a successful and rewarding career and be part of a focused, energetic team dedicated to delivering excellence to America's small business owners.
Reporting to the Licensing Manager, the Licensing Specialist is directly responsible for supporting the various state compliance requirements for the Licensing department within the Company. This position supports all areas of PEO licensing, compliance and reporting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for maintaining the Secretary of State Portfolio to ensure timely annual report filing renewals and compliance in all 50 states.
- Assist the Licensing Manager with the professional employer organization licensing renewals and initial registrations by state. Including but not limited to jurisdiction listings, officer lists and biographies, workers compensation certificates, benefit plan information, financial statements, working capital letters and licensing state exhibits.
- Responsible for all state quarterly compliance audit attestations and reporting package submissions to each required state in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining the Surety Bond Portfolio and assisting with requests and administration.
- Responsible for managing the current state jurisdiction listings on a perpetual basis.
- Responsible for file management of all licenses and supporting documentation.
- Other special projects as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical problem solving skills required
- Must have the ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Collaboration/Teamwork – must possess willingness and desire to build relationships within the finance department and across departments where subject matter expertise resides for the products and services we provide
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work autonomously in a fast paced dynamic work environment
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Operational experience in payroll or tax preferred but not required
- Florida notary licensed preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced level computer skills