Risk Underwriter - Bradenton
- - Risk Underwiting
- Bradenton, FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAdvantage is a leading human resource solutions provider for small to mid-sized companies. We are HR experts who partner with small businesses nationwide to administer payroll, benefits, workers' compensation and core HR management.
Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage has offices throughout Florida, Georgia, Texas, Colorado, California, New Jersey and New York, and serves more than 90,000 worksite employees in all 50 states. We're looking for the best professionals in our markets who are interested in building a successful and rewarding career and be part of a focused, energetic team dedicated to delivering excellence to America's small business owners.
Research and review potential client companies to ensure that they will be a good fit for the CoAdvantage book of business. Evaluate potential for profit and loss on each prospective new account by researching the company on-line, analyzing the business operations and loss history, and determining the potential exposure to the Organization in the future. Assign pre-site evaluations of prospective clients to Safety Consultants, when necessary or warranted. Make underwriting decisions and communicate those decisions effectively with the sales team. Document the underwriting on each prospect to create necessary audit trails.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review underwriting submissions for prospective clients to identify if the risk exposure falls within carrier and organizational guidelines to determine if the risk can be accepted or should be declined
- Conduct web based research to identify experience modification factors, OSHA violations, business licenses, State websites and other pertinent sites to assist in company profiling.
- Analyze loss history and determine frequency, severity and types of claims that exist, comparing results to Company and industry standards to evaluate potential concerns or opportunities.
- Compile underwriting information to determine the need for a site survey for a better evaluation of the compatibility of the prospect with CoAdvantage's workers' compensation programs.
- Coordinate safety onsite visits with CoAdvantage Safety Consultants.
- Maintain an effective, open line of communication between Sales and Risk Operations on the status of accounts submitted.
- Discuss all aspects of borderline accounts with the Sales representative, Regional Sales Manager and Management.
- Determine appropriate workers' compensation classification codes for prospect submissions by demonstrating expert knowledge in applying workers' compensation laws or Basic Manual Rules.
- Coordinate with Payroll for the input of approved WC codes into the appropriate payroll system for accuracy.
- Notify the carrier of all new clients and terminations to maintain policy data accuracy.
- Compile and present recommendations from field safety staff to management for changes to client class codes and ongoing client partnerships.
- Maintain and Update Underwriting logs, spreadsheets and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of workers' compensation required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Scopes manuals, bureau manuals/rules and underwriting guidelines.
- Strong Communication skills – ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally.
- Strong Interpersonal skills – cooperative, courteous, flexible and good-natured.
- Mathematical Skills - ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Should be able to analyze data and reports to reach reasonable conclusions.
- Strong organizational skills - able to manage priorities and workflow under company deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to maintain simple and moderately complex records in an orderly and accurate manner.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two year college; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional Employer Organization (PEO) experience a plus.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts