Leave Specialist - Tampa
- - Benefits
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAdvantage is a leading human resource solutions provider for small to mid-sized companies. We are HR experts who partner with small businesses nationwide to administer payroll, benefits, workers' compensation and core HR management. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage has offices throughout Florida, Georgia, Texas, Colorado, California, New Jersey and New York, and serves more than 90,000 worksite employees in all 50 states. We're looking for the best professionals in our markets who are interested in building a successful and rewarding career and be part of a focused, energetic team dedicated to delivering excellence to America's small business owners.
Works with the disability insurance plans for CoAdvantage. Ensures compliance with Section 125, FSA, COBRA, DOL, HIPAA, and FMLA as well as other applicable state and federal benefit laws. Follows policies and procedures that support the organizational and business goals of CoAdvantage.
Essential Job Functions:
This role will handle these compliance tasks:
- Manage the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox, assisting the business with regular compliance analysis and communication with vendors
- Prepare OE evidence of insurability reporting and analysis
- Administer disability products and communicate internally and externally
- Resolution of problems and operational issues related to disability products
- Determines solutions and when required escalates the issue to Management and/or other departments
- Assists with ensuring proper execution of policies, procedures, and business rules established by CoAdvantage and vendors
- Provides daily support and direction to the Leave team pertaining to the administration and implementation of disability products
- Support clients and their worksite employees, primarily via phone and email.
- Provide support to the team in times of high volumes, staffing shortage, etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in benefits, disability, and other various leave of absences.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and related leave laws in all 50 states
- Ability to analyze factors or causes contributing to an unwanted outcome, generating alternatives to achieve the end goal (problem solving) and then implementing a plan.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Proven proficiency in prioritizing tasks and controlling activity on various tasks
- Ability to operate at a fast pace, cope with frequent change and willingness to be hands-on
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to maintain company and department documentation
- Ability to build effective professional relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- 2-years college or relevant job experience
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts