Benefits Specialist - Tampa
- - Benefits
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAdvantage is a leading human resource solutions provider for small to mid-sized companies. We are HR experts who partner with small businesses nationwide to administer payroll, benefits, workers' compensation and core HR management.
Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage has offices throughout Florida, Georgia, Texas, Colorado, California, New Jersey and New York, and serves more than 90,000 worksite employees in all 50 states. We're looking for the best professionals in our markets who are interested in building a successful and rewarding career and be part of a focused, energetic team dedicated to delivering excellence to America's small business owners.
Works with the health, life, dental, vision and disability insurance plans for CoAdvantage. Ensures compliance with Section 125, FSA, COBRA, HIPAA, and FMLA as well as other applicable state and federal benefit laws. Follows policies and procedures that support the organizational and business goals of CoAdvantage.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides support for a specific client product/service to internal and external clients.
- Responds to and resolves questions. Administration of health, life, dental, vision, FSA, & disability insurance plans.
- Ensures compliance with Sec 125, FSA, COBRA, HIPAA, and FMLA & other applicable state & federal benefit laws.
- Process all new hire enrollments, life status changes & court orders.
- Provides customer service to phone inquiries from clients, employees & carrier contacts. Not limited to answering benefit questions, resolving problems related to access or payment of benefits, orient newly eligible employees.
- Provides online medical, prescription & dental data entry with applicable carriers.
- Audits benefit enrollments & processes both client & employee adjustments as necessary.
- Provides assistance with adjudication of monthly bills as needed.
- Maintains supply of benefits materials.
- Participates in the annual OE process.
- Coordinates transfer of benefit elections to participating carriers on a daily basis as needed.
- Compliance of governmental regulations.
- Utilizes ClientSpace to document and communicate client and/or employee requests, challenges, issues and resolution.
- Maintains good oral and written communication skills with clients, sales and other service associates.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a working knowledge of tools used to support client products and services.
- Task execution and follow-up.
- Accurate and detailed audits.
- Ability to support on time starts with quality.
- Demonstrated follow-up skills to ensure timely and effective closure of open items on sales orders and throughout the implementation process.
- Ability to multi-task, to organize work based on priority and to meet deadlines.
- 1-3 years of customer service experience preferred. .
- Previous experience with benefits administration preferred.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word and Excel). Proficient in typing.
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts