Desktop Support Specialist
- - IT
- Sarasota, FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAdvantage is a leading human resource solutions provider for small to mid-sized companies. We are HR experts who partner with small businesses nationwide to administer payroll, benefits, workers' compensation and core HR management. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage has offices throughout Florida, Georgia, Texas, Colorado, California, New Jersey and New York, and serves more than 90,000 worksite employees in all 50 states. We're looking for the best professionals in our markets who are interested in building a successful and rewarding career and be part of a focused, energetic team dedicated to delivering excellence to America's small business owners.
In this role, you will provide maintenance and support of the end user computing environment by installing computing hardware and software solutions, resolving end user problems, and supporting the overall user community. You will be responsible for installation and support of the Company's PCs, printers, and other end user computing equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works independently with a sense of urgency and exceptional customer service skills.
- Set up, maintain and troubleshoot desktop and notebook computers.
- Provides computer support on both hardware and software for company employees.
- Provides user support for mobile devices, including Apple and Android.
- Ensuring that computer systems are functioning properly and meet company requirements.
- Physical setup of computers and software installations.
- Proactive assessments of computer systems to identify and resolve problem(s).
- Maintenance and upgrading of computer systems.
- Understanding of networking.
- Maintain Active Directory (Account creations, password resets, security group memberships, etc.).
- Maintain users on telephone systems.
- Provide instruction to new associates on how to use computer hardware and software.
- Maintain excellent communication with end users, keeping them updated on repair status.
- Document issue resolution using the help desk ticketing system.
- Maintaining computer peripherals such as printers, telephones, and conference room equipment.
- Performs hardware diagnostics and coordinates repairs with vendors as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years technical support experience in an end user computing environment.
- Setup, configuration, troubleshooting, and problem resolution of computer hardware and software
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2013 and above. Prefer experience with Microsoft Office365.
- Troubleshooting Windows and Mac computers, as well as iOS and Android devices.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and related network services (i.e. DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Voice over IP telephone systems
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), troubleshooting and analytical skills required
- Patience and overall courteous behavior when working with associates and others
- Ability to work independently; must be self-motivated and goal oriented
- Requires lifting, bending, stooping and moving various computer equipment up to 50 lbs
- Position may require work on hands and knees to deploy computer equipment and make repairs
- Availability to work in excess of forty hours per week including nights and weekends when needed
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- College coursework in Information Technology preferred.
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or A + Certification highly preferred