401(k) Retirement Plan Specialist - Sarasota
- - 401(k) Administrator
- Sarasota, FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAdvantage is a leading human resource solutions provider for small to mid-sized companies. We are HR experts who partner with small businesses nationwide to administer payroll, benefits, workers' compensation and core HR management.
Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage has offices throughout Florida, Georgia, Texas, Colorado, California, New Jersey and New York, and serves more than 90,000 worksite employees in all 50 states. We're looking for the best professionals in our markets who are interested in building a successful and rewarding career and be part of a focused, energetic team dedicated to delivering excellence to America's small business owners.
Performs duties associated with the day-to-day participant level 401(K) inquiries via calls and emails from start to completion. Recordkeeping and compliance, data accuracy, attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills are essential in this position which interacts with multiple service providers, internal client service teams, client employers and worksite employees.
Essential Job Functions:
- Takes incoming phone calls for department in relation to retirement plans and providers. Reacts within specified time frames to all inquiries and maintains superior client relationships.
- Responds to client, employee, and provider questions related to retirement benefit programs.
- Works with MassMutual team to verify participant data and resolve participant issues.
- Completes projects as assigned by the 401k Senior Manager.
- Gathers the necessary information to set up retirement plan eligibility and contribution calculation rules in the payroll system.
- Works closely with IT to identify, test and resolve Pulse system issues, enhancements and upgrades.
- Uploads and keys individual employee contribution elections and 401(k) loan payments into HRP and Pulse.
- Proactively recommends changes to operating procedures to maximize accuracy and productivity.
- Escalates issues/concerns/special requests to 401(k) Senior Manager.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with area staff, management and team.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates a consistent positive attitude of excellence and uncompromising integrity in a highly collaborative teamwork environment.
- Ensures work area is clean, secure (HIPAA compliant) and well maintained.
- Stays abreast of compliance regulations and changes in the field of MEP's, ERISA and DOL requirements.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Defined contribution plan administration and customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and customer service experience.
- Strong sense of client care.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel and Word).
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Strong knowledge of and experience working in an environment where payrolls/benefits are processed daily a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good time management.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced, team environment and able to work effectively with supervision and direction.
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Prefer familiarity with 401(k) either through education or work experience