- - Legal
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAdvantage is a leading human resource solutions provider for small to mid-sized companies. We are HR experts who partner with small businesses nationwide to administer payroll, benefits, workers' compensation and core HR management.
Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage has offices throughout Florida, Georgia, Texas, Colorado, California, New Jersey and New York, and serves more than 90,000 worksite employees in all 50 states. We're looking for the best professionals in our markets who are interested in building a successful and rewarding career and be part of a focused, energetic team dedicated to delivering excellence to America's small business owners.
Position Summary: To support and advise the business, as appropriate, on legal issues, client and supplier contractual matters, and to ensure compliance with relevant CoAdvantage policies. This position will have a heavy focus on employment law and corporate transactions, including but not limited to mergers and acquisitions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide advice and support on all contractual matters as it relates to employment law and corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions
- Provide advice and support on matters requiring legal review and sign off
- Maintain and update terms and conditions of contracts
- Ensure compliance with CoAdvantage policies
- Work closely as a strategic business partner with and as a member of the CoAdvantage legal team, identifying, analyzing and taking action to resolve legal and risk-related issues which may impact the reputation of the business.
- Identify legal and compliance risks, advise on the implementation of risk management strategies using strong thought leadership and support of the business in managing such risks
- Contribute to the business strategy using specialist knowledge and experience, helping to define and shape how strategic, complex and business critical contracts are structured.
- Understand and continuously improve business performance through the integration of people, departments and processes
- Negotiate, advise on and draft all types of legal agreements and provide guidance and advice on legal matters impacting the business
- Develop and implement compliance policies, procedures and training on a variety of regulatory and business matters
- Assist in the development and implementation of compliance policies, procedures and training on a variety of legal, regulatory and business matters
- Manage external lawyers appropriately to obtain cost effective, high quality legal advice.
- Review and provide advice on contractual issues and disputes with clients
- Ensure protection of CoAdvantage's Intellectual Property through monitoring adherence to trademarks and patents rules
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must possess excellent communication/relationship building skills and be able to influence at all levels both internally and externally.
- A self-starter with a strong drive for results and a strong sense of ownership, but also a willingness to take direction.
- An efficient and organized worker with an ability to multitask on a multitude of matters under time pressure.
- Must possess sound judgment, and strong interpersonal, project management and organizational skills coupled with precise attention to detail.
- Must be pragmatic in their approach to solving legal and operational issues facing the business.
- Will have acquired in-depth knowledge of contract law, compliance regulations and negotiation processes.
- Will be able to demonstrate solid understanding of the sales process and have ability to relate to and educate the sales force in best practice and compliance.
- Strong drafting skills will be required as well as an ability to fine tune existing templates to reflect local requirements.
- Ability to draft documents and to communicate effectively.
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Legal degree
- Must have at least three years of relevant legal experience in a corporate law firm and/or as an in-house counsel with specific emphasis on contract negotiation, drafting, interpretation and contract process management.
- Proficiency in managing compliance matters required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts