- - Benefits
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAd Summary: CoAdvantage is a leading human resource solutions provider for small to mid-sized companies. We are HR experts who partner with small businesses nationwide to administer payroll, benefits, workers' compensation and core HR management.Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage has offices throughout Florida, Georgia, Texas, Colorado, California, New Jersey and New York, and serves more than 90,000 worksite employees in all 50 states. We're looking for the best professionals in our markets who are interested in building a successful and rewarding career and be part of a focused, energetic team dedicated to delivering excellence to America's small business owners.
Position Summary: We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized individual to join our growing team. As a Junior Underwriter you will be responsible for the review of submissions for insurance and the preparation of the underwriting process. The ideal candidate for this position will have a solid understanding of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) as well as an aptitude for learning new web-based systems and processes with a high level of detail, organization and time management skills. This person will also have a desire to learn and grow within this role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform junior underwriting duties:
- Review and process health benefit applications
- Investigate discrepancies on the information submitted for review
- Track and report updates
- Coordinate with Sales, Benefits and other departments as necessary
- Under the guidance of Benefits Underwriter and / or Director, Underwriting:
- Apply sound underwriting practices using pre-established underwriting guidelines to group health applications
- Use Carrier business rules to stay compliant with underwriting practices
- Audit underwriting files periodically for accuracy and appropriate documentation
- Stay current with respect to major industry issues and developments.
- Keep a sense of urgency around resolution and follow up in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with the Underwriting team and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Take pride and ownership to provide service within the company established guidelines for timeliness, quality and effectiveness.
- Happily perform other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in administrative support or underwriting role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Aptitude to work in a highly competitive market and fast-paced environment.
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Possess a high level of problem solving and analytical skills.
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree preferred, but will accept equal combination of experience and education.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts