Leave Administrator - Tampa & Sarasota
- - Benefits
- FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAdvantage, a portfolio company of Morgan Stanley Global Private Equity, provides human resource solutions to small and mid-sized businesses. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage serves approximately 4000 clients representing more than 90,000 worksite employees in all 50 states through our 10 regional office locations. The passion, commitment and expertise of our Associates allow us to deliver outstanding HR services to our clients, from entrepreneurial startups to mature business enterprises. CoAdvantage's resources help America's business community grow and thrive!
Position Summary: Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and related laws in all 50 states to efficiently administer Clients' FMLA, state disability and group LTD/STD plans.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide clients and their worksite employees administrative and consultative services for FMLA, State-specific leaves (e.g. CFRA), State Disability and/or group LTD/STD plans
- Apply HR best practices in compliance with federal, state and/or local laws regarding Family and Medical Leave, ADA, state disability and group STD/LTD plans.
- Determine eligibility, the applicable type of leave and status of leave under FMLA and state leave regulations taking into consideration regulatory requirements, company-specific requirements, and analysis of documentation received (medical, legal, etc.)
- Determine and generate appropriate communications to comply with FMLA regulations state disability and group STD/LTD plans.
- Review FMLA documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Support clients and their worksite employees, primarily via phone and email.
- Process new leaves and all daily follow-ups assigned
- Communicate clearly and concisely with callers while educating them on leave concepts and necessary next steps
- Resolve and respond to LOA inquiries received via telephone calls and e-mail in accordance with current standards and protocols.
- Collaborate with third party administrators, vendors, Legal, Clients, and HR Services as needed.
- Demonstrate respect, sensitivity and understanding for the caller's circumstance while maintaining professionalism at all times
- Prioritize and organize daily responsibilities in order to meet all deadlines
- Provide innovative ideas that can support the ongoing growth of the Leave Department
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining and protecting personal health information. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and abide by HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Process all LOA requests in accordance with the Disability Management protocols and Federal and State regulations, production of wage reports for Vendor and also assist in collecting/providing any state required forms and mailings.
- Provide support to the team in times of high volumes, staffing shortage, etc.
- Keeps complete records of all LOA requests and maintains tracking and analysis of data
- Ability to establish rapport with all levels of employees and must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Must exercise diplomacy, discretion, sound judgment, and flexibility in varying situations, and must maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization and time management skills required.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize, schedule, coordinate, and make decisions relating to assigned tasks and responsibilities.
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- 3-5 years' experience in administering FML/State disability and other various leave of absences.
- Case management system experience