HR Specialist - Tampa/Sarasota
- - HR Service Center
- Tampa/Sarasota, FL, USA
- Full Time
We are a national company headquartered in Tampa, FL with 4 Regions (Central, CoAdvantage, a portfolio company of Morgan Stanley Global Private Equity, provides human resource solutions to small and mid-sized businesses. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage serves approximately 4000 clients representing more than 90,000 worksite employees in all 50 states through our 10 regional office locations. The passion, commitment and expertise of our Associates allow us to deliver outstanding HR services to our clients, from entrepreneurial startups to mature business enterprises. CoAdvantage's resources help America's business community grow and thrive!
The HR Specialist produces HR services and assists clients and internal team members with questions regarding HR services, processes, compliance, and best practices using knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and assists in ensuring policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Responds to employment related inquiries regarding laws, processes, practices, compliance with state and federal regulations, etc.
- Responds to internal HRCs' and other department's inquiries regarding HR policies, procedures, and other client issues.
- Creates and maintains client employee handbooks – reviews for HR compliance, works with the client contact to answer questions, develop, interpret, and determine appropriate policies/procedures.
- Provides policy development and HR advice to clients who conduct pre-employment screenings, including how to interpret results and employment best practices. Advises clients regarding return to work documentation.
- Prepares job descriptions, market salary surveys, sample HR forms, and letter templates.
- Assists with preparing and filing annual EEO-1 report on behalf of applicable clients and CoAdvantage.
- Orders labor posters for clients and internal offices.
- Processes background checks and drug screening results for full-service clients. Assists clients with account setup with the vendor and serves as the point of contact for any questions concerning the screening services.
- Reconciles and processes any HR vendor invoices and coordinates with Accounting and Payroll for client billing and payment.
- Completes HR projects and initiatives based on business needs or requests.
- Develops client guides, and other HR documents for clients' or HRCs' information or use.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- The position requires good, basic, clerical and administrative skills with emphasis on verbal and written communication skills (in English), good common sense; positive attitude; willingness to take initiative; and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under company deadlines.
- Ability to operate computer hardware and to work with software applications.
- Communication skills – ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally.
- Interpersonal skills – cooperative, courteous, flexible and good natured.
- Effective work skills – conscientious, persistent, resourceful, productive and active.
- Must have the ability to make decisions and judgments.
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships and deal with employees in an efficient and professional manner.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and commitment to meeting and exceeding deadlines and goals.
- Passion for customer service and problem solving.
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Associate's degree and 3-5 years related HR experience or a commensurate combination of education and experience.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts