Leave Manager - Sarasota
- - Benefits
- Sarasota, FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAdvantage, a portfolio company of Morgan Stanley Global Private Equity, provides human resource solutions to small and mid-sized businesses. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida,
CoAdvantage serves approximately 4000 clients representing more than 90,000 worksite
employees in all 50 states through our 10 regional office locations. The passion, commitment and expertise of our Associates allow us to deliver outstanding HR services to our clients,
from entrepreneurial startups to mature business enterprises. CoAdvantage's resources help America's business community grow and thrive!
The Leave Manager will have a strong background in Leave of Absence/Disability and Health & Welfare programs within a large, fast-paced organization. Additionally, the candidate will
have the talent to approach challenging issues with creativity and enthusiasm.
Essential Job Functions:
• Strong understanding of FMLA, Workers Compensation, and Disability Programs. Manages the administration of the Leave of Absence and Disability program for our client worksite associates.
• Determines associate eligibility for leave and designates appropriate leave status
• Requests and obtains completed certification and recertification forms
• Provides required notices designating leave as FMLA, notifying associates of the status of group benefit coverage their other rights and other obligations
• Coordinates communication between associates and managers during the leave
• Coordinates the return-to-work process for leaves of absence
• Administers other types of disability-related leave including leave requested as a Reasonable Accommodation under the ADA
• Monitors trends related to inquiries from associates and evaluates alternatives and solutions
• Identifies necessary changes in business processes and recommends modification to improve delivery of benefit programs
• Acts as a liaison between associates and managers to educate on benefit policies and procedures
• Maintains leave databases and performs other tasks to ensure the accuracy of all leaves and FMLA.
• Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of relevant laws, including FMLA, ADA, Workers' Compensation, HIPAA, and other privacy laws.
• Other assignments and special projects as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
• 2 years of defined contribution plan administration experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 401 (k) Administration experience (compliance, testing, audits, plan design, implementation, etc.)
• Knowledge of and the ability to properly apply retirement plan regulations and plan provisions to a variety of retirement plans and providers.
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and ability to quickly learn new software applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer relationship and interpersonal skills
• Strong knowledge of HR Pyramid, experience working in an environment where payrolls/benefits are processed daily a plus
• Strong organizational skills.
• Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
• Good time management.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Able to maintain confidential information.
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Five years of proven experience in Human Resources with demonstrated experience dealing with confidential information, complex recordkeeping and file management
• Experience administering FMLA and other leave programs required
• Knowledge of DOL, ADA, ERISA, and applicable IRS regulations related to health and welfare plans
• Experience working with human resources information systems (HRIS)
• Direct Vendor management experience
• Experience working in a fast paced environment
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts