Benefits Supervisor - Sarasota
- - Benefits
- Sarasota, FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAdvantage, a portfolio company of Morgan Stanley Global Private Equity, provides human resource solutions to small and mid-sized businesses. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage serves approximately 4000 clients representing more than 90,000 worksite employees in all 50 states through our 10 regional office locations. The passion, commitment and expertise of our Associates allow us to deliver outstanding HR services to our clients, from entrepreneurial startups to mature business enterprises. CoAdvantage's resources help America's business community grow and thrive!
Works with the health, life, dental, vision and disability insurance plans for CoAdvantage. Ensures compliance with Section 125, FSA, COBRA, HIPAA, and FMLA as well as other applicable state and federal benefit laws. The Supervisor, Benefits will manage all Senior associates within the Benefits Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage Senior Benefits Specialists and supervise Benefits staff in the day to day operations engaging employee daily performance, annual reviews, coaching, counseling and training team members.
- Communicate with and manage individual client base
- Responsible for all Open Enrollment operational system tasks.
- Client consultation on Market Trends buy down strategies plan renewal, final client risk tier set-ups and all audits prior to final client approval.
- Assists in the effective analysis of client satisfaction surveys, including follow-up with clients on positive and negative feedback and expediting service recovery when necessary.
- Determines solutions and when required, escalates the issue to other departments.
- Maintains full responsibility for the client satisfaction Clientspace cases and reviewing trends and following-up on client issues.
- Develops and maintains documentation of processes and procedures followed by Divisional Benefits Department and Benefits Reconciliation.
- Supervises the regional benefit team's daily administration of the health, life, dental, vision, FSA, and disability insurance plans.
- Acts as the first point of escalation for benefits team as well as external clients.
- Supports with implementation of new client benefit plans and managing the ongoing administration of existing client benefit plans.
- Assists with ensuring proper execution of policies, procedures & business rules established by Division Benefits and Carrier Relations that support goals of CoAd.
- Provides daily support and direction to the Benefits team pertaining to the administration & implementation of benefit plans for clients.
- First level of support for client interaction as well as client and employee issue resolution.
- Responsible for issue escalation to the Manager, Benefits regarding failure to execute internal CoAd benefits departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists Manager, Benefits with the preparation of multi-site reports & gathering applicable carrier information by client & WSE site location.
- Assists Manager, Benefits with call monitoring and coaching to benefits associates.
- Monitors daily departmental performance and assists Manager, Benefits by providing input for the completion of departmental performance reviews.
- Acts as the regional project coordinator for the annual Open Enrollment periods responsible for monitoring staff to ensure that developed Open Enrollment timeline and all major milestones are met.
- Supports Manager, Benefits on all organizational projects that impact benefits.
- Monitors and manages benefit exception requests within the region to ensure accurate execution of policies and procedures.
- Ensures all daily, weekly and monthly benefit department functions are executed accurately and timely. (Eligibility, BENSCAN, discrepancies, etc.)
- Responsible for managing the overall timeliness of the eligibility process including WSE Enrollment, changes and terminations in all systems, including the Carrier.
- Supervises regional Clientspace queue utilized to document and communicate resolution of client and/or Worksite Employee requests, challenges and issues. Also responsible for ensuring Clientspace issue resolution within service level agreements set with clients and worksite employees.
- Participates in the review of client survey results pertaining to benefits and supports the execution of the action plan to improve overall satisfaction scores within regional benefit teams.
- Acts as the training coordinator for all new hires to the benefits team
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years' experience in a technical role where assistance and resources were provided to clients or an industry related field.
- Management experience a plus
- Proficient in all aspects of general benefits regulations and computer systems used to support benefit plan administration.
- Knowledgeable of current changes in benefits regulations, which may affect client benefit, plans.
- Experience consulting Clients as it relates to Market Trends.
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
- Maintains good oral and verbal communication skills with clients, sales and other service associates.
- Accurate and detailed audits
- Superior client service skills and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Proven proficiency in prioritizing tasks; ability to multitask and controlling activity on a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to make independent, autonomous decisions
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred