Benefits Specialist - Sarasota
- - Benefits
- Sarasota, FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAdvantage, a portfolio company of Morgan Stanley Global Private Equity, provides human resource solutions to small and mid-sized businesses. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage serves approximately 4000 clients representing more than 90,000 worksite employees in all 50 states through our 10 regional office locations. The passion, commitment and expertise of our Associates allow us to deliver outstanding HR services to our clients, from entrepreneurial startups to mature business enterprises. CoAdvantage's resources help America's business community grow and thrive!
Works with the health, life, dental, vision and disability insurance plans for CoAdvantage. Performs monthly reconciliations of benefit plans. Ensures compliance with Section 125, FSA, COBRA, HIPAA, and FMLA as well as other applicable state and federal benefit laws. Follows policies and procedures that support the organizational and business goals of CoAdvantage.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reconciliation of Co-Advantage master and client-sponsored insurance bills each month
- Reconcile insurance payable accounts to the general ledger
- Analyze charges and credits to employee and clients for collection discrepancies
- Responsible for communicating discrepancies to other departments and carriers
- Tracks and notifies employees of benefits eligibility
- Provides support for a specific client product/service to internal and external clients.
- Responds to and resolves questions. Administration of health, life, dental, vision, FSA, & disability insurance plans.
- Ensures compliance with Sec 125, FSA, COBRA, HIPAA, and FMLA & other applicable state & federal benefit laws.
- Process all new hire enrollments, life status changes & court orders.
- Provides customer service to phone inquiries from clients, employees & carrier contacts. Not limited to answering benefit questions, resolving problems related to access or payment of benefits, orient newly eligible employees.
- Provides online medical, prescription & dental data entry with applicable carriers.
- Audits benefit enrollments & processes both client & employee adjustments as necessary.
- Participates in the OE process.
- Coordinates transfer of benefit elections to participating carriers on a daily basis as needed.
- Compliance of governmental regulations.
- Utilizes ClientSpace to document and communicate client and/or employee requests, challenges, issues and resolution.
- Maintains good oral and written communication skills with clients, sales and other service associates.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a working knowledge of tools used to support client products and services
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to reconcile sets of numbers
- Task execution and follow-up
- Accurate and detailed audits
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, meet deadlines
- Demonstrate follow-up skills to ensure timely and effective closure of open items
- Ability to multi-task, to organize work based on priority and to meet deadlines
- 1-3 years of customer service experience preferred
- Previous experience with benefits administration preferred.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts