- - Risk Management
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAdvantage, a portfolio company of Morgan Stanley Global Private Equity, provides human resource solutions to small and mid-sized businesses. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage serves approximately 4000 clients representing more than 90,000 worksite employees in all 50 states through our 10 regional office locations. The passion, commitment and expertise of our Associates allow us to deliver outstanding HR services to our clients, from entrepreneurial startups to mature business enterprises. CoAdvantage's resources help America's business community grow and thrive!
The Safety Consultant provides risk management, safety and workers' compensation support for the organization through direct contact with current and potential clients. The Safety Consultant performs regular inspections of worksites; provides written safety recommendations with follow through regarding implementation; educates client employers on safe work procedures; and ensures client exposures are properly classified. The comprehensive product of this position promotes safety, enhances the client experience, minimizes losses/injuries and impacts profitability in the workers' compensation portfolio.
Essential Job Functions:
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Perform field visits to work site employer locations to conduct safety consultations, survey client operations, and provide safety information and counseling to improve workplace safety.
- Provide written safety recommendations to clients subsequent to work-site consultations with follow up to ensure worksite employers have implemented recommendations.
- Provide detailed loss control reports regarding worksite operations and exposures to the internal Risk Management team in a timely manner.
- Ensure worksite employees are classified accurately for workers' compensation purposes in accordance with carrier requirements by bringing any discrepancies to internal management's attention.
- Review prospective clients to determine if they would be an acceptable risk based on organizational exposure guidelines.
- Identify high hazard, high frequency/severity clients and implement action plans to assist in the reduction of losses and enhancement of profitability.
- Collaborate with and support the Sales and Service teams in relation to risk management and loss control activities for current as well as prospective clients.
- Conduct accident investigations with accuracy, sensitivity and in a timely manner to help mitigate claims and reduce likelihood of incident recurrence (reduce or eliminate exposure).
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at management's discretion.
- Coordinates metrics reporting consistently and timely.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum two years' experience in the workers' compensation loss control or occupational safety field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as a member of teams
- Ability to communicate with individuals at various levels of the organization
- Ability to collect and analyze data, draw conclusions and solve problems
- Strong knowledge and understanding of state and federal occupational safety laws and standards
- Strong knowledge and understanding of workers' compensation and classifications
- Ability to train, counsel, and coach clearly and successfully
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to be versatile, flexible and manage changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Daily, local travel within the assigned territory is required. Overnight travel in areas outside of the assigned territory may be required
- Must have a valid driver's license and proper vehicle insurance
- Fluent in English
- This job could expose the employee to a variety of work environments. The ability to identify and safely work in extreme conditions is required.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Adequate vision, speech, hearing and physical mobility required to perform essential job functions – including climbing ladders and walking on unpredictable terrain safely
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in safety or a related risk management field) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Safety/Risk Management related designation preferred (ASP, CSP, ALCM, ARM or equivalent related designation).
- OSHA 30 hour trainer, a plus
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts