- - HR Service Center
- Bedford, TX, USA
- Full Time
The HRSC Consultant produces HR-related content and services, and assists clients and internal team members with questions regarding HR services, processes, compliance, best practices and employee relations using knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Advises clients regarding performance management, terminations, hiring, employee relations, investigations, complaints, employee concerns, leaves of absence, and other HR-related matters.
- Provides advice on and researches employment law issues, counsels on legal and employee relations issues to avoid litigation, assists with EEO, ADA, FMLA, FLSA and other legal issues when requested, and makes recommendations for appropriate action based on law, practice and policy.
- Responds to internal HRCs' and other department's inquiries regarding HR policies, procedures, and other client issues.
- Administers Family & Medical Leave communications and forms for client employees. Provides advice, forms, and sample policies for non-FMLA leaves and return to work documentation upon request.
- Creates and maintains client employee handbooks – reviews for HR compliance, works with the client contact to answer questions, develop, interpret, and determine appropriate policies/procedures.
- Provides policy development and HR advice to clients who conduct pre-employment screenings, including how to interpret results and employment best practices. Advises clients regarding return to work documentation.
- Prepares job descriptions, market salary surveys, sample HR forms, and letter templates.
- Completes HR projects and initiatives based on business needs or requests.
- Provides guidance on the Learning Management System (LMS) and trains end users as needed.
- Develops training presentations, webinars, client guides, and other HR documents for clients' or HRCs' information or use.
- Conducts webinars or training sessions as needed.
- Notifies clients regarding HR compliance updates.
- Assists with any wage claims as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- The position requires good, basic, clerical and administrative skills with emphasis on verbal and written communication skills (in English), good common sense; positive attitude; willingness to take initiative; and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under company deadlines.
- Ability to operate computer hardware and to work with software applications.
- Communication skills – ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally.
- Interpersonal skills – cooperative, courteous, flexible and good natured.
- Effective work skills – conscientious, persistent, resourceful, productive and active.
- Must have the ability to make decisions and judgments.
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships and deal with employees in an efficient and professional manner.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and commitment to meeting and exceeding deadlines and goals.
- Passion for customer service and problem solving.
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years related HR experience or a commensurate combination of education and experience.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification.