Senior Application Developer
- - IT
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAdvantage, a portfolio company of Morgan Stanley Global Private Equity, provides human resource solutions to small and mid-sized businesses. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage serves approximately 4000 clients representing more than 90,000 worksite employees in all 50 states through our 10 regional office locations. The passion, commitment and expertise of our Associates allow us to deliver outstanding HR services to our clients, from entrepreneurial startups to mature business enterprises. CoAdvantage's resources help America's business community grow and thrive!
This is a senior level database development position.
The role will be responsible for designing databases, stored procedures, ETL processes, and queries while ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance. Work will be done with other developers to build, optimize, and support applications, reports, and ETL processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Write and optimize SQL queries
- Write and optimize T-SQL stored procedures and functions
- Developing requirements (business, user and software requirements - functional and non-functional)
- Interacting with users (business domain) while developing solutions
- Ensuring the requirements are communicated in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested
- Reading, writing and reviewing business, user and non-functional/system level requirements in the form of Use Cases, User Stories, UML, and other appropriate formats appropriate for the business intelligence and database domain.
- Responsible for utilizing change control, version control and change management procedures
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have experience with SQL Server 2008 or above
- Proficient in writing SQL Server stored procedures
- Proficient in utilizing execution plans to evaluate efficiency of database processes
- Proficient in query optimization and utilization of indexes
- Must have development experience in SSIS
- Must have experience writing reports with SSRS
- Moderate C# development experience
- ASP.NET, R, and Web API experience a plus
- Experience writing and reviewing business, user and non-functional/system level requirements
- Track record of dealing with challenging stakeholders, developers and architects during facilitated sessions and during the development lifecycle.
- Excellent follow-up and communication skills
- IT background with experience across the systems development life cycle with experience in all project phases - plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, implementation
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, research, and troubleshoot problems with limited support from others
- Knowledge of reporting, database, and BI best practices and architectures
- Experience full SQL Server technology stack
- Experience creating reports from HR Pyramid, Pay+, Ulti or Apex or other HRIS software
- Experience in HR/PEO industry
- Qlik view experience a plus
- Designing and developing web services
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
BA degree or equivalent
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts