- - Human Resource
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
CoAdvantage, a portfolio company of Morgan Stanley Global Private Equity, provides human resource solutions to small and mid-sized businesses. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, CoAdvantage serves approximately 4000 clients representing more than 90,000 worksite employees in all 50 states through our 10 regional office locations. The passion, commitment and expertise of our Associates allow us to deliver outstanding HR services to our clients, from entrepreneurial startups to mature business enterprises. CoAdvantage's resources help America's business community grow and thrive!
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized underwriter to join our growing team. As an underwriter, your primary responsibility will be to review case submissions for insurance and evaluate the degree of risk. The ideal candidate for this position is astute, self-assured, decisive, and is able to complete tasks and make decisions independently.
Essential Job Functions:
- Underwriting business within parameters set in agreed underwriting authority document.
- Perform general underwriting functions including underwriting submission reviews, pricing analysis, and setting of policy terms and conditions up to our agreed authority limits.
- Seek input from Actuarial Department to price specific accounts when appropriate.
- Liaise with Claims Department on any specific claim activity.
- Utilize knowledge of automated systems to develop information for new and renewal business.
- Stay current with respect to major industry issues and developments.
- You have a sense of urgency around resolution and follow up in a timely manner.
- You work collaboratively with the entire team and escalate issues as appropriate.
- You take pride and ownership to provide service within the company established guidelines for timeliness, quality and effectiveness.
- You happily perform other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in the Property and Casualty insurance industry required
- Technical underwriting knowledge and skills reflective of progression in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must strive to provide service levels that exceed industry standards and demonstrate teamwork across functional areas.
- Possess the aptitude to work in a highly competitive market, be innovative in business production and retention; be able to adapt to changing markets and internal requirements.
- Strong time management skills, being able to prioritize, and handle multiple tasks.
- Resourceful and results driven with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and internet research tools.
- Reviews new business prospect evaluations.
- Facilitates sales submission and quotation process associated with the PEO health insurance sales initiatives.
- Assesses degree of risk and exposure to individual client health insurance claims. Make selection and rejection decisions.
- Interacts with Sales to assure compliance with insurance carrier underwriting and group eligibility requirements.
- Acts as a liaison between the sales and service organizations, carrier and client to resolve routine questions and requests for information from the carrier.Provides product and industry technical support and expertise.
- Performs basic underwriting analysis, and calculations.
- Responds to questions and ad hoc requests from sales and other departments.Maintains the underwriting activity tracking log to ensure accuracy and completion of data fields.
- Compiles data from various sources to produce reports on underwriting activity, issues and trends.
- Audits the underwriting files periodically for accuracy and appropriate documentation.
Educational and Professional Licensing or Certification Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree preferred but will accept strong combination of experience and education
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts